HPD Smoke Detectors NOTICE NEW (WHITE ALUMINUM SIGN)
HPD SMOKE DETECTORS NOTICE SIGN NEW SIGN EFFECTIVE 10-2017
Aluminum HPD Smoke detector notice Sign
Size 8.5 inch x 11 Inch
Sign has mounting holes in each corner.
Sign Thickness is 0.023 of an inch
HPD required sign : Yes
Part #: HPD 12-04
Sign Type: Wall Mounting
Sign letters color: black
Sign background color: White
Sign Group : NYC DOB, NYC HPD , HPD NEW SIGN, HPD SMOKE DETECTOR SIGN HPD 12-04 SIGN, HPD SMOKE NOTIE SIGN, HPD SIGN , HPD SIGNAGE
SMOKE DETECTOR NOTICE – NEW SIGN EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 18 2017
Effective October 18, 2017, the HPD made changes to the SMOKE DETECTOR NOTICE and adopted the rules of Local Law 153.
Building owners and managers must post the new smoke detector notice in their buildings to avoid HPD violations. In addition, effective October 18, 2017, the HPD has amended the procedures for recordkeeping for smoke detectors. The following must be kept on the premises or in the business office of the managing agent or owner. (we are listing the Amended procedures, for a full list, please CLICK HERE and look at page 4 of 12).
- Date of installation of each smoke detecting device, as well as records illustrating the device installed has met the NYC code requirements, including the manufacturer’s suggested useful life of each device;
- Records showing that the maintenance performed on each device has met the NYC code requirements
THESE RECORDS MUST BE MADE AVAILABLE TO THE COMMISSIONER OF THE HPD UPON REQUEST.
Sec. 27-2045 Duties of owner and occupant with respect to installation and maintenance of smoke detecting devices in class A multiple dwelling.
a. It shall be the duty of the owner of a class A multiple dwelling which is required to be equipped with smoke detecting devices pursuant to article six of subchapter seventeen of chapter one of this title to:
1. provide and install one or more approved and operational smoke detecting devices in each dwelling unit. Such devices shall be installed in accordance with the requirements of reference standard 17-12.
2. post a notice in a form approved by the commissioner in a common area of the building informing the occupants of such building that the owner is required by law to install one or more approved and operational smoke detecting devices in each dwelling unit in the building and that each occupant is responsible for the maintenance and repair of such devices and for replacing any or all such devices which are stolen, removed, missing or rendered inoperable during the occupancy of such dwelling unit.
3. replace any smoke detecting device which has been stolen, removed, missing or rendered inoperable during a prior occupancy of the dwelling unit and which has not been replaced by the prior occupant prior to the commencement of a new occupancy of a dwelling unit.
4. replace within thirty calendar days after the receipt of written notice any such device which becomes inoperable within one year of the installation of such device due to a defect in the manufacture of such device and through no fault of the occupant of the dwelling unit.
5. keep such records as the commissioner shall prescribe relating to the installation and maintenance of smoke detecting devices in the building and make such records available to the commissioner upon request.
b. Notwithstanding the provisions of subdivision a of section 27-2005 of article one of this subchapter and subdivision c of section 27-2006 of article one of this subchapter, it shall be the sole duty of the occupant of each dwelling unit in a class A multiple dwelling in which a smoke detecting device has been provided and installed by the owner pursuant to the provisions of article six of subchapter seventeen of chapter one of this title to:
1. keep and maintain such device in good repair; and
2. replace any and all devices which are either stolen, removed, missing or rendered inoperable during the occupancy of such dwelling unit.
c. Except as otherwise provided in paragraphs three and four of subdivision a of this section, an owner of a class A multiple dwelling who has provided and installed a smoke detecting device in a dwelling unit pursuant to this section shall not be required to keep and maintain such device in good repair or to replace any such device which is stolen, removed, missing or rendered inoperable during the occupancy of such dwelling unit.
d. The occupant of a dwelling unit in which a battery-operated smoke detecting device is provided and installed pursuant to this section shall reimburse the owner a maximum of ten dollars for the cost of providing and installing each such device. The occupant shall have one year from the date of installation to make such reimbursement.
e. For the purposes of this section, the term "class A" multiple dwelling shall include garden-type maisonette dwellings constructed before April eighteenth, nineteen hundred fifty-four and the term "garden-type maisonette dwellings" shall be defined as any dwelling project consisting of a series of dwelling units which together and in their aggregate are arranged or designed to provide three or more apartments, and are provided as a group collectively with all essential services such as, but not limited to, house sewers and heat, and which are operated as a unit under single ownership, notwithstanding that certificates of occupancy were issued for portions thereof as private dwellings.
Sec. 27-2046 Duties of owner with respect to installation and maintenance of smoke detecting devices in class B multiple dwellings.
It shall be the duty of the owner of a class B multiple dwelling which is required to be equipped with smoke detecting devices pursuant to article six of subchapter seventeen of chapter one of this title to:
1. provide and install one or more approved and operational smoke detecting devices in each dwelling unit or, in the alternative, provide and install a line-operated zoned smoke detecting system with central annunciation and central office tie-in for all public corridors and public spaces, pursuant to rules and regulations promulgated by the commissioner of buildings.
2. keep and maintain smoke detecting devices in good repair.
3. replace any smoke detecting device which has been stolen, removed, missing or rendered inoperable prior to the commencement of a new occupancy of a dwelling unit.
4. keep such records as the commissioner shall prescribe relating to the installation and maintenance of smoke detecting devices in each dwelling unit and make such records available to the commissioner upon request.
5. Smoke detectors. Smoke detector requirements must be posted at or near mailboxes, using an HPD-approved form.
For More Information of the code click here
NYC official web site for HPD SIGNAGE REQUIREMENTS -CLICK HERE
Obtaining HPD signs has never been easier! Just select the package you need, add to cart, pay, and your government-required signs will be at your office’s doorsteps within 2-5 business days.
To Buy now HPD SMOKE DETECTORS sign / NYC HPD smoke detector notice that is required by hpd please click add to chart quantity needed.
Shipping and Handling Cost:
Our shipping is fixed whether you buy 1 item or 20 items (we ship within USA only) - do not miss this opportunity to buy all signs needed at no additional shipping cost.
We are required to collect sales tax on any product sold on this site and shipped to an address in New York. The sales tax is 8.875 percent.
The requirements for sign content are determined by intended use and by applicable regulation. BUYER is responsible for determining the appropriate content for a sign or package signs. Firedepartmentsigns.nyc makes no warranty or representation of suitability of a sign for any specific application. IT IS THE CUSTOMER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT THE SIGNS THE CUSTOMER ORDERS ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL STATE, FEDERAL, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS. Please review term and condition prior purchase.
For more information about what is required, see the laws that are referenced and the rules and regulations of your city and state. This page is for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice or as a statement of law. You may wish to consult with an attorney.
WE ARE THE OFFICIAL SITE FOR FIRE DEPARTMENT SIGNS. FIRE DEPARTMENT SIGNS will provide you with all FIRE DEPARTMENT required signs, NYC Building required signs, CALIFORNIA FIRE DEPARTMENT required signs, TEXAS FIRE DEPARTMENT required signs and all sprinkler required signs. We offer a wide range of sprinkler signs, fire department connection signs, Siamese signs, Standpipe signs, sprinkler tag signs, fire exit signs, FDC signs, fire door signs and stairwell signs. We offer all signs made mandatory by the City and state building department. We are the biggest building Management signs provider in the world.
Find us on: